INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ACCEPTANCE FOR STUDYING IN GAZI UNIVERSITY WITH THEIR OWN FACILITIES
BASIC CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRATION
Students from abroad or foreign students can submit to two year degree or undergraduate programs while they are in their senior year of high school or graduated. The applicants can apply with their scores from the exams that are admitted for application or with their high school graduation scores.
Student acceptance and evaluation principles are determined by the related units:
The Conditions for Applicants are Stated Below:
a) According to their nationality;
1) Foreign nationals or
2) Those while foreign nationals by birth and have gained the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey / those who hold dual-citizenship or,
3) Those holding Turkish citizenship by birth and renounced their Turkish citizenship, and their children under 18 who are listed in the renouncement document but documenting their certification for rights (mentioned in the Turkish Citizenship Law, no: 5901, Item 7, stating that “Anyone born, either in Turkey or abroad, in the marriage of a Turkish mother or father, is a Turkish citizen.”) or,
4) Those who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey and have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country, except The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus or,
5) Those who hold the citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, who reside in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who have completed their secondary education and get a GCE AL degree, as well as those who have registered and completed their secondary education abroad between 2005-2010 and get a GCE AL degree or will get a degree can apply.
b) According to their nationality;
Applicants who have at least one of the following features applications’ will not be accepted:
1) Those who hold the a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey, and have completed their secondary education in Turkey or in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
2) Those who hold the citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, (except who have completed their secondary education and get a GCE AL degree, as well as those who have registered and completed their secondary education abroad between 2005-2010 and get a GCE AL degree or will get a degree),
3) Those who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, (except for those who have completed their high school education in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/ those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus),
4) Those who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except for those who have completed their secondary education and get a GCE AL degree in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education between 2005-2010 in a GCE AL and get a GCE AL degree or will get a degree abroad),
5) Those who hold a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey or a dual citizenship, one of which is the a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, and who have completed their secondary education at institutions within an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey,
6) Those who are disqualified from the higher education institutions because of their disciplinary actions.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
The documents that must be submitted to the Students Affairs Office for application are;
a) The application form filled by the applicant
b) The identity register copy of those holding T.R. citizenship certified by the birth registration offices, notaries or Turkish foreign representative offices
c) The copy of passport pages that show the identity and validity period and the translation of these pages certified by Turkish foreign representatives
d) In the application of those who are born Turkish but later cease the citizenship of Turkey by the permission of The Ministry of Interior and their infant children registered on the document that shows the ceased citizenship, the copy certified by the Turkish foreign representatives of the official identity card and document that proves that the candidate may benefit from the rights provided by the law no: 5203
e) In the application of those who hold citizenship of other countries by birth and later become Turkish and who has dual nationality the copy certified by the Turkish foreign representatives of both identity cards and document showing the date of taking of T.R. citizenship
f) The copy certified by the Turkish foreign representatives or notaries of the applicants’ minimum national/international exam results and/or diploma/graduation grade stated in the university web page
g) The copy and translation certified by the Turkish national representatives or notaries of high school diploma or temporary graduation certificate
h) The transcript certified by the head of the high school and its translation certified by the Turkish representatives the applicant showing the courses and grades and general academic average
i) The copy certified by Turkish foreign representatives or notaries of the document to taken from the Turkish foreign representatives in abroad or from provincial directorate for national education in Turkey showing high school diploma equivalents. The copy and translation certified by the Turkish foreign representatives of the document given by the head of relevant high school of those who hasn’t graduated yet showing the date of their graduation
j) The copy certified by the Turkish foreign representatives of GCE AL results of those holding T.R.N.C. citizenship and finishing the acceptable high schools in T.R.N.C.
k) In the application of those holding T.R.N.C. citizenship and having education in other countries between 2005-2010, the copy certified by the Turkish foreign representatives or notaries of the GCE AL exam result or the document that proves the applicant can pass this exam
l) If available, the certified copy of Turkish proficiency
m) Two passport photo
n) The document showing that the applicant have the financial possibility to take education along study period
The candidates must submit completely the documents in a sealed envelope. Document check isn’t done by us before or during application.
The certified documents and their certified translations submitted to the Student Affairs Office are never given back.
Gazi University Rectorate
Student Affairs Office
Rules of Application
1) Every applicant must apply to Student Affairs Office on the dates announced on the University’s web page. Applications which are not done on the specified dates are not accepted.
2) Applications must be submitted personally or via regular post (not via e-mail) to Student Affairs Office. The documents necessary for application which are not submitted on time or documents which are incomplete or not eligible are not put in process.
3) Applications via post must be submitted before the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be put in process.
4) Applicants must have the capacity to finance their study period .Applicants must document that they can afford the financial guarantee specified on the application announcement.The amount of subsistence and the way of documentation is determined by the University.
Evaluation and Registration
Acceptance and evaluation
1) Evaluation of the applications; applications are finalised as acceptance, as provisional acceptance or as rejection by Student Affairs Office.
2) Achievement in the national/international tests, diploma score , graduation degree, national/international rank of his/her school and the number of students that are placed having the same nationality are taken into consideration during the evaluation process.
3) The applicants who are granted provisional acceptance are accepted after they meet the criteria.
4) The applicants who must take the special talent exam , must also be successful at the University’s special talent exam. The applications are evaluated according to the special talent exam rules of the relevant units.
5) Meeting the application criteria does not guarantee admission to the programs.,
6) Successful applicants will receive an acceptance letter through e-mail and they asked to confirm their arrival. An official acceptance letter is sent to the applicants for the visa procedure after their confirmation.
7) The University has the initiative to decide not to fill the quotas.
a) The originals of the application documents except passport and identity card must be submitted. However, the applicant should bring his/her passport and identity card during the registration and show if he/she is asked.
b) Student visa taken from the Turkish Embassy. The applicants having foreigner status according to the principles determined by Turkish National Police are not asked to submit Student visa but they must submit the proof of their foreigner status.
c) Residence permit must be submitted to the Student Affairs Office within one month after registration.
d) Eight photos (4,5cm*6,0cm) must be taken in the last six months, taken from the front, clearly recognizable.
e) Bank receipt of the tuiton fee payment.
f) A signed statement of subsistence guarantee.
g) All accepted applicants must have a health insurance covering their study period in Turkey.
The applicants having Turkish lineage document must submit it during resgistration. A late submission will not change their registration status .
All required documents must be submitted during registration. Otherwise the application will be provisionally accepted and will not be complete until their submission.
22 June 2013-23 August 2013
APPLICATION FEE and BANK ACCOUNT ınformatıons
Application Fee (150 USD) must be paid or transfered to the bank account mentioned below and bank receipt must be submitted. Any other payment method is not accepted. If the application fee is not paid the application will be incomplete.
Bank Branch: Halkbank Gazi Unıversıty Offıce
Account Number: 58100031
IBAN Number: TR 0500 0120 0129 4000 5810 0031